Waridi School was founded in 1965 by the Catholic Sisters of OUR LADY OF CHARITY whose charism is to show God’s Mercy and Compassion to persons living in vulnerable situations in the footstep of our founder St.John Eudes.
Waridi School operates under the Edelvale Trust acquired as a non- profitable institution, and the funds from fees paid cater for the Edelvale Trust charitable projects among them; Jamaa Home Out-reach Program that caters for young mothers and The Edelvale Home that caters for young girls from poor back grounds and those rehabilitated from the extreme effects of the social malfunctions.
Vision and Mission
- Motto – Nurturing for life
- Vision – To be a model Institution for Competence Based Learning
- Mission – To foster each learners potential
We foster each learners potential through:
- Identifying the learners’ capabilities.
- Creating a happy, caring and stimulating learning environment.
- Providing high quality and holistic education.
- Promoting spiritual formation for responsible and ethical citizens.
Waridi School recognizes that each child is created by God; each child is an individual; that all children are creative; that all children need to succeed. Therefore, Waridi School respects the individual needs of children; fosters a caring and creative environment; and emphasizes the social, spiritual, emotional, physical, intellectual development of each learner while respecting their gifts and talents
Waridi School endeavors to create and maintain a challenging learning environment that encourages high expectations for success through development-appropriate instruction that allows for individual differences and learning styles. Our schools promote a safe, orderly, caring, and supportive environment.
Each student’s self-esteem is fostered by positive relationships with students and staff. We strive to have our parents, teachers, and community members actively involved on our students’ learning. We care about ourselves and others to create, support and maintain powerful, engaged learning in the Arts and Sciences.
We dare to use innovative techniques to enhance life-long learning through technology, the multiple intelligences, varied instructional strategies, and interdisciplinary units. We share our cultural backgrounds to nurture growth, responsibility, and productivity by celebrating our diversity within a positive school-wide atmosphere and by promoting sportsmanship, school spirit, and pride in ourselves through our daily studies and our educational accomplishments.
Our expectation is that children leave school with:
- A set of moral values – Care and Compassion ,Honesty, Tolerance & Respect and Integrity.
- A complement of basic skills – Linguistic, mathematical, scientific, artistic, physical and social.
- An enquiring and discriminating mind and a desire for knowledge.
- Strong self-esteem and high personal expectation.
Waridi School seeks to:
- To promote a learning environment that is based on catholic ethos and allows for individual differences and learning styles.
- To promote a safe, orderly, caring, loving and supportive learning environment.
- To foster each learner’s self -esteem by positive relations with other learners and staff.
- To promote strong partnership among parents, teachers and community members